As I said in my previous blog post, my wish is to inspire people to explore the Tarot deck from an intuitive perspective. Learning from others through books is a valuable process. But if we primarily learn the Tarot through books, we miss out on making an intuitive connection with the cards, and rather than allowing the inner voice arising from our own higher consciousness, communicate the wisdom from our Heart, we try to rely on remembering information from what we have read from other books on the Tarot. So I invite you to walk with me on this journey as we will explore the 22 Major Arcana cards of Tarot deck
What will you need on this 22 week course?
- Any Tarot deck you want to work with
- A journal, if your prefer to store information on your laptop or computer than you can explore using Evernote. Evernote is a tool I use to store notes in a systematic way. It also enables me to quickly find notes simply by typing in keywords. You can also use Evernote to clip information from websites that you are surfing, and store them in relevant folders in your Evernote dashboard. Its free to use. Here is a link to Evernote: http://www.evernote.com/
- Access to a camera. It can be a phone camera, nothing really fancy. With each Tarot card in the Major Arcana, we are going to rebuild what we see in the Tarot card in real life, and ask a friend to take a picture of us in the scene that we have re-built.
- As this study will be highly creative and intuitive, you will need extra funds for trips to certain places, props and objects that are in the Tarot card, to either be borrowed from friends or bought in flea markets or charity shops. I will always aim to find the least expensive way of obtaining these items, and you are also welcome to purchase expensive items, if you are a Leo like me; you are welcome to spend the extra pennies! The most important element that is needed is fun and positive attitude to this process.
- Openness to studying in an intuitive manner. You will not get a certificate or any form of qualification by studying this course. But what you will gain is far more than studying the Tarot from books for 100 years. You will gain a way to understanding yourself and the world around you through your higher awareness and become one with Seer in you. Plus, my goal is help you begin giving Tarot readings to yourself and give Tarot readings to others. Even after you have completed the 22 week study, you will continue receiving support, via email, this blog, videos and monthly webinars, and workshops.
For a very long time I have been giving Tarot readings via the telephone. I begun to notice that the people who telephoned for a reading, were simply wanting to see that their life was going to get better, that there was more meaning in their life or that they would find more clarity and peace of mind around their current problems.
Generally most people think that the Tarot is a tool for predicting the future. You can explore the Tarot in that way if that is your desire. But the Tarot can also be used as a tool for helping you experience a more enlightened way of life. Predictions often arise in when I am giving readings. But insights how to transform problems also comes through.
So I saw a vision of Tarot readers giving readings to people not simply for commercial purposes, but primarily to help the world become a more enlightened place for others. I felt that the caller who rung for a Tarot reading, was simply needing to make a deeper connection to their Higher Self.
Everyone has all the information that they are needing within their own self. But people who rung to speak to me, preferred to have a carrot dangled in front of them, rather than see that how they were living their life today, was influencing their future and that can be an active creator in what can happen.
As I looked on the internet for such a Tarot reading service, I did not find anything that was a vibrational match for my vision. So I decided to form the Contemporary Tarot Association to express my ideal Tarot vision and to have a group of Tarot readers who were in alignment with the principles of C.T.A to offer Tarot readings from this new vision. Even if I have only 12 other Tarot readers who resonate with my vision, I would feel I have achieved my goal. It is far more important for me to have a few Tarot readers who share this vision, rather than have 10000s of Tarot readers, who are not really genuinely interested in empowering people who call for a Tarot reading to live more enlightened lives.
The 22 Major Arcana cards of the Tarot Course is free because it is not about making money from it for me. I do not offer free Tarot readings and there will be advanced paid courses offered through C.T.A. in the future. But the goal of sharing and spreading 22 Major Arcana cards of the Tarot Course is to help people see how wonderful is the Tarot and my desire is build a community of Contemporary Tarot readers, who uphold similar values and beliefs about spirituality and recognise that the Tarot as a tool for developing our intuition, and self knowledge, so that we are make choices today arising from our inner wisdom, hence building a foundation for a brighter future.
- Course. To study the course click onto the following link: https://contemporarytarotassociation.wordpress.com/free-22-week-tarot-major-arcana-course/
- Attention: If You Want to Understand the Marseille Tarot Please Observe the Following: (tarology.wordpress.com)
- January Tarot Cycle, Part 1: Seeking the Spiritual Other. (lifencompass.com)
- When the Tarot Trumps All (thestarryeye.typepad.com)
- The Bernd A. Mertz Lenormand (mycuriouscabinet.wordpress.com)
- The Mage (Magician) (emmonsbeasley.wordpress.com)
- a conversation with stephen schwartz (tarology.wordpress.com)
- A Snapshot of Tarot History (corrinekenner.wordpress.com)
- When the Tarot Trumps All (nytimes.com)
- There is nothing wrong in Not Knowing (contemporarytarotassociation.wordpress.com)